Number Talks: Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages
Number Talks \ˈnəm-bər\ \ˈtōks\
1. A five- to fifteen-minute classroom conversation around purposefully crafted problems that are solved mentally.
2. The best part of a teacher’s day. This dynamic multimedia resource was created in response to the requests of teachers—those who want to implement number talks but are unsure of how to begin and those with experience who want more guidance in crafting purposeful problems. It supports teachers in understanding:
- what a classroom number talk is;
- how to follow students’ thinking and pose the right questions to build understanding;
- how to prepare for and design purposeful number talks; and
- how to develop fractional reasoning and strategies for operating with fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Number Talks supports the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
2017 AAP Revere Awards Winner for Classroom: Supplemental Resources- Mathematics
2017 AAP Revere Awards Winner for Classroom: Professional Resources - Subject Area
To purchase the reproducibles of the area, set, and linear models referenced in Number Talks: Fractions. Decimals, and Percentages, visit
Write Your Own Review