Math Reads From Marilyn Burns: Grade 3
Math Reads gives teachers the support they need to integrate children’s books into their math instruction. With libraries for kindergarten through grade 5, each grade-level collection includes books that engage students’ interest and provide springboards for math lessons, along with lesson ideas from Math Solutions instructors that involve students in thinking, reasoning, solving problems, and making sense of mathematics.
Each book in the Math Reads program is paired with a lesson card, including step-by-step teaching instruction, designed to address the range of math content at each grade level and support regular math instruction. Lessons:
- Introduce math topics
- Help students build mental models for abstract concepts
- Deepen conceptual understanding
- Reinforce topics previously taught
- Extend Do The Math content to geometry, measurement, and data analysis
The Grade 3 Math Reads program includes:
- 25 children's literature titles (5 copies of each)
- Unique lesson ideas for each book
- eBooks of select titles for interactive whiteboards
- Math Solutions® professional development book
Author: Marilyn Burns
Promo codes and discounts do not apply to Math Reads Products.
Marilyn Burns is one of today’s most highly respected mathematics educators. Over the course of 50 years, Marilyn has taught children, led in-service sessions, spoken at conferences, contributed to professional journals, written more than a dozen books for children, and created more than 20 professional development resources for teachers and administrators.
Write Your Own Review