How to Assess While You Teach Math: Formative Assessment Practices and Lessons, Grades K–2
How to Assess While You Teach Math is the ideal resource for further understanding the process of formative assessment in addition to improving your teaching of mathematics. All lessons are correlated to the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and Standards for Mathematical Practice.
In this multimedia resource, award-winning teacher Dana Islas takes educators into her Pueblo Gardens' classroom for a seeing is believing look at seven successful formative assessment practices, demonstrating them in action through 14 video clips and 19 engaging lessons. You’ll find
- individual assessments and student-led conferences filmed in actual classrooms;
- questions to help guide teachers’ observations of students as they engage in each lesson;
- suggestions for supporting students who struggle;
- teacher and student checklists for guiding formative assessment in each lesson;
- a rubric to help teachers scaffold the order of student work shared in a whole-group discussion;
- ready-to-use reproducibles; and more.
|Watch Product Videos|
Mary Wore Her Red Dress: A Lesson in Counting Attributes
Write Your Own Review