Do The Math: Small Group Kit: Addition & Subtraction A (Serves 1 teacher and 8 students)
Created by Marilyn Burns, Do The Math is a math intervention program that helps students develop the skills they need to compute with accuracy and efficiency, develop a solid foundation in arithmetic understanding and skills, as well as the ability to reason mathematically and solve problems. In Addition & Subtraction A, students build a foundation for addition by internalizing two big ideas:
- 10 is an organizer for the base-ten number system.
- Numbers can be composed and decomposed.
Now with a new digital experience for both teachers and students, Do The Math rebuilds critical mathematical foundations for understanding and:
- Develops understanding of key concepts and skills with whole numbers and fractions—the essentials necessary for students to succeed in algebra and higher-level mathematics.
- Provides lessons that balance developing understanding and learning procedures.
- Strengthens students’ ability to make sense of concepts, solve problems, reason, and use appropriate tools.
- Extends student practice and further increases engagement through new online tools and interactive games.
Click here to learn more and see sample lessons.
Log on to our eSampler today to review Teacher Edition pages as well as the new technology.
- Teacher Guide – Addition & Subtraction A
- Annotated WorkSpace
- Professional Learning Guide
- Ten Friends (2)
- Out for the Count (2)
Student Materials Kit (Serves 8 students)
- Student WorkSpace
- Addition & Subtraction Classroom Materials Box
- 1 One-Year Subscription to HMH Teacher Central
- 8 One-Year Subscription Licenses to the Do The Math Student Central and ProgressSpace